RETREAT APPLICATION FORM
Please indicate your Venue of choice: Vedanta/ Stewart Mineral or both
About this application form
- The following information is strictly for the confidential use those organizing and teaching the retreat
- Please answer these questions fully to enable the teacher to guide your retreat appropriately
- This form is destroyed at the end of your retreat
We aim to provide a safe and welcoming environment for all retreatants, regardless of age, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, (dis)ability, physical appearance, race, ethnicity, nationality, beliefs, and dietary requirements.
Coming on retreat can be an invaluable boost for your practice whether you’re only just beginning with meditation or have been practicing for decades. Everything is set up specifically to help you feel supported and to foster the calmness of mind necessary for meditative insight. One of the conditions that we find particularly helpful to offer you is an opportunity for shared silence.
- We agree as a group not to converse with each other for the duration of the workshop. There will be time given later to know others but the focus is to know yourself through silence first.
- We turn off our phones and gadgets, we disconnect from social media, and we put down our books. Why do we do this? Because silence provides the opportunity to develop a new relationship with ourselves and the world, rather than simply being a gap to be filled. Free from the usual distractions that stimulate the mind, we begin to experience an altogether different and sublime dimension to life, one that was hiding there all along. And as silence starts to reveal its irresistible and profound beauty we allow the possibility of our innate wisdom to show itself.
- In an effort to be inclusive and practice compassion, we ask all participants to please refrain from wearing scented products.
An increasing number of people have allergies, asthma or other chemical sensitivity to a variety of common chemicals and fragrances. Many have difficulty breathing, suffer from headaches and migraines, or experience flu-like symptoms. These individuals often find themselves faced with the choice to stay in a fragrance rich environment and get sick or leave and be excluded.
We are working to create environments where the most-impacted individuals can still benefit from the teachings and your participation in being fragrance free can help.